Eser Aydın / Muş, July 10 () - A traditional trade is still carried on in Eastern Turkey province of Muş, where traders sell compressed snow piles brought from mountains.
Some traders from Muş drive tko the summit of Kurtik Mountain, at 2,500 metres of altitude, where there are big amounts of snowbanks. Traders load the snow on their trucks and press it into rectangular shapes.
"We sell 10 kilogrammes of compressed snow pile for 5 liras" said Ebedin Erboğa, adding that there is a good demand on the market under the burning sun of July.
"People add yoghurt, ayran or grape molasses eat or drink as refreshments" he added.
- Details from the snow piles
- Preparing the snow piles
- Snow pile sales in the citycenter
- Interview with snow pile buyer Musa Ay
- Interview with snow pile seller Ebedin Erboğa
- Interview with snow pile buyer Sabahattin Yiğit