banner519

CHP, MHP urge gov’t to disclose number of casualties in PKK attack

Ankara, Sep 7 () - Turkey’s two major opposition parties have called on the government to disclose number of casualties in an attack against Turkish soldiers launched on Sept. 6 by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). “The Turkish...

CHP, MHP urge gov’t to disclose number of casualties in PKK attack

Ankara, Sep 7 () - Turkey’s two major opposition parties have called on the government to disclose number of casualties in an attack against Turkish soldiers launched on Sept. 6 by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). “The Turkish...

07 Eylül 2015 Pazartesi 17:09
CHP, MHP urge gov’t to disclose number of casualties in PKK attack
banner625
banner605

Ankara, Sep 7 () - Turkey’s two major opposition parties have called on the government to disclose number of casualties in an attack against Turkish soldiers launched on Sept. 6 by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).

“The Turkish nation wants to hear, learn and know all truths about Dağlıca, which are hidden and covered up. The government should immediately announce number of our martyrs and share truths with the public” Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) leader Devlet Bahçeli said in a written statement released on Sept. 7 following the attack in Dağlıca of the southeastern Anatolian province of Hakkari.

The attack appears to be the deadliest one by the PKK since the collapse of a three-year-old de-facto ceasefire in July.

“Each passing hour will rekindle the national rage that has piled up, and the wave of social reaction and indignation will throw our country into an uncontrolled course” Bahçeli added.

Earlier on Sept. 7, the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) released a statement concerning the attack; however, it failed to provide a casualty toll.

Speaking at a press conference shortly after Bahçeli’s statement was released, a spokesperson for the Republican People’s Party (CHP) echoed the MHP leader’s call.

“There is a lot to say but today is not the day for doing so. We know this” CHP’s spokesperson Halu Koç said, implicating the responsibility of both President Tayyip Erdoğan and Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu in the rising conflict.

“Almost 24 hours have passed since this sad incident. However, we haven’t yet learned from the official institutions how many martyrs we have” Koç said.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Davutoğlu has accepted CHP leader Kılıçdaroğlu's meeting invitation.

 

Yükleniyor...
Yorumlar
Avatar
Adınız
Yorum Gönder
Kalan Karakter:
Yorumunuz onaylanmak üzere yöneticiye iletilmiştir.×
<strong>Dikkat!</strong> Suç teşkil edecek, yasadışı, tehditkar, rahatsız edici, hakaret ve küfür içeren, aşağılayıcı, küçük düşürücü, kaba, müstehcen, ahlaka aykırı, kişilik haklarına zarar verici ya da benzeri niteliklerde içeriklerden doğan her türlü mali, hukuki, cezai, idari sorumluluk içeriği gönderen Üye/Üyeler’e aittir.

banner591