Erhan Tekten / Istanbul, Sep 17 () – The awaiting Syrian migrants, having refused to purchase tickets by Istanbul’s bus companies, woke up to their third day in Istanbul’s largest bus terminal in Bayrampaşa district.
Hundreds had to sleep the night near in the bus terminal once again. The station has been surrounded by a police line up, while another group of Syrian migrants has attempted to enter the station and has been refused by the police.
Haydar Abdülaziz among the group told he has been in Turkey for one year and although has worked in a construction in Zonguldak, he was not able to receive money.
“I have got to court but it did not work out. We do not have any money. Life is harsh here. In Europe, there is life” said Abdülaziz.
Meanwhile, the group has hanged a Turkish flag on the road. Security measures of riot police continue in the region.
- Footage of Syrian migrants
- Syrian migrants waking to a new day
- The mosque
- Detailed footage of the group
- Another group arriving at the terminal, and their refusal by police
- Interview with Haydar Abdülaziz
- General and detailed footage