Istanbul, February 25 () - The general secretary of the Confederation of Progressive Trade Unions (DİSK) was detained during a protest in front of Maltepe University Hospital in Istanbul on Feb. 25.
Arzu Çerkezoğlu, the general secretary of DİSK, was detained on Feb. 25, together with 34 more people, who were protesting the Dec. 6, 2014, layoff of 98 workers from Maltepe University Hospital. Meanwhile, 50 woman workers, including Çerkezoğlu, were detained as they attempted to enter the rector’s building of the hospital.
Çerkezoğlu joined the 98 workers, who are members of the Revolutionary Health Workers’ Union (Dev Sağlık-İş) and were protesting for 80 days in front of Maltepe University Hospital building on the Asian side of Istanbul, when police intervened on Feb. 25.
- Women protestors on the balcony
- Police leads the women to the cars
- Çerkezoğlu been lead by the police
- Interview with two women workers
- A complainant against the police
- Details from the police and riot police
- Administrative building and the hospital
- Workers protesting the riot police